Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer dosn't stop rebooting!  (Read 7042 times)

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: computer dosn't stop rebooting!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 03:07:16 PM »
Well, dont give up just yet, hopefully someone will stop by soon with knowledge of what to do

Do you have a floppy drive?

rockstar4cs

Intermediate

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 08:42:31 PM »
    I had the same thing wrong with my Compact Pasrio 5000 and it turned out the ribbon cable in the CD ROM was bad

PanFox

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 11:16:01 AM »
    I have to ask you if you have any Data on this PC you need to Keep, and if you do i would recommend you connect your Hard Drive to you other computer and copy all the important Files off, and Run an Anti Virus Scan on them just to be safe.

Then once you have all your files backed up, i would suggest you put the Drive back into its computer , and format and Reinstall windows, as this will work faster than trying to take apart your windows install bit by bit.

if you have any problems while installing windows i would expect you might have a faulty hard drive. As its a windows 2000 system i am guessing its quite old, and Hard Disks don't last forever.

If you need any help with moveing you HDD to a new PC to back up the files ill tell you all you need to know, if somone else dosent beat me to the punch :)