Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HTML Uploading  (Read 2957 times)

extreme

HTML Uploading
« on: July 19, 2007, 07:57:17 AM »
Dear Users
What is the procrdure to upload files via FTP and for example i have made 2 pages of my webpage and upload them on net and then i again make another page which is linked with the previous two pages and i upload this page also on net so will it automatically get cpnnected with the other pages and if not how to do that

AGXGGX

Re: HTML Uploading
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »
Hello;

If you are building websites and you need to upload them to the net you can use any Software that lets you Connect via FTP Client and then you just need to Drag & Drop the pages to your web Host.

Let say you build:

page1.html and page2.html and you want to Upload both to the Server, you need to know you ftp Server, Username and Password to get connected. Let say your domain is www.example.com.

You need to Download a Software (I Recommend SmartFTP) and set-up the Connection.

FTP: ftp.example.com
Username: yourUsername
Password: yourpass

When you get connected, go to the Folder where your pages are hosted, let say:

Maybe...

httpdocs/
htdocs/
public_html/

that depends of your Hosting Account, and when you're connected just Drag the Pages from your Computer and Drop them on the Server!

You should access your pages using your domain:  www.example.com/page1.html

or you can also make links to those pages from another page with the Following HTML Code:

<a href="../../../page2.html">GO TO THIS PAGE![/url]

the ../../../ is the path to the root of your Server. If you Uplaod the pages to a folder, ex: newpages/ your URL should be:

<a href="../../../newpages/page2.html">HERE![/url]

Hope this helps!