Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Firefox Crashing my Laptop  (Read 3273 times)

Alphamale

Firefox Crashing my Laptop
« on: July 31, 2007, 01:14:21 AM »
 Okay, I've had Firefox for a while. And everytime it comes out with an update, it MAKES me install it ( well, automatically) and whenever I start it up. My monitor turns black and I can't do anything until I remove the battery.

Now, everytime I download it, and try to install all of Firefox, my computer crashes again.

What should I do, to download/install Firefox and keep it from crashing my laptop?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Firefox Crashing my Laptop
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:09:56 PM »
I doubt FireFox is the issue here...list a bunch more info on the machine OS what protection you have and what else changed since this started and the posse will be along shortly.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

uesquebeathus

Intermediate
    Re: Firefox Crashing my Laptop
    « Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »
    I really think you have corrupted the installation you might be better to uninstall Firefox, and then reinstall the latest version which is Firefox 2.0.0.6
    Please give as much information regarding the Specification and components of your computer and a note about what you were doing when the problem arose and any other relevant thing that you think may help.