Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: renaming files with file names from a text file?  (Read 2140 times)

diablo416

renaming files with file names from a text file?
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:10:31 AM »

hey how would i do this , i have filenames in text a.. witch are .mp3 file names, and i have file names in text b with has .ogg file names , i need to rename the mp3s in the folder to the .ogg files..

contrex

Re: renaming files with file names from a text file?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »
You have

text file a
songA.mp3
songB.mp3
songC.mp3
(etc)

text file b
song01.ogg
song02.ogg
song03.ogg
(etc)

Plus a folder of mp3s??? You are not being very clear.

You want to rename songA.mp3 to song01.mp3? Is that right? If not, what do you want to do?

diablo416

Re: renaming files with file names from a text file?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »

im trying to rename some .ogg music files with random mp3 files from my computer..
then copy them to the location, this is what i have figured out so far..  i guess i also need to know how to search for *.mp3s using dir, but making it only output the filename.. cause i do , dir *.mp3 /b /s >1.txt , &
FOR /F "eol=; tokens=1,6* delims=," %i in (1.txt) do rename *.mp3 %i %j %k , and its not working because in 1.txt it says C:\music\ect...  i also got to figure out how to only move the 6 mp3 files i need out of the list of hundreds of mp3 files.. any ideas?