Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need help-computers's not working and i hate it!!!!  (Read 2608 times)

zoesmummy

need help-computers's not working and i hate it!!!!
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
hi, i'm new so am not sure if i'm posting in the right section, but basically i need some help/advice. we bought a new desk for out pc the other day and when we took the pc apart to swap desks and then put it back together the monitor kept saying no signal on the screen!! our mate thought it was the cable that goes from the back of the tower to the monitor and ought us a new one over, which helps and we have the windows xp loading page on the monitor now when we switch it on, but soon as thats done it cuts off and goes back to no signal again. our mates gone through all the menus that he could find and nothing seems to be amiss, he now thinks that something is not connecting or missing from the load up. does anyone have any ideas as not having a computer is driving me nuts, it's my life line!!!!!! if not, will have to get someone out to check it and sort it for me!!!

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: need help-computers's not working and i hate it!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »
    Try starting it in Safe Mode and then lowering the screen resolution.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)