Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I built a computer....and its extremly slow...any help...parts listed  (Read 3061 times)

kg4mvpmt

I built a computer few weeks ago...and spent alittle over 1,000.00. The computer runs VERY slow, and i put in good parts...in my opinion. im running win XP pro. i dont even use it, becouse it so slow...ive tried re-installing win XP and then installing all the hardware again....maybe im doing something wrong.any ideas?

Motherboard -
EVGA 122-CK-NF66-T1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i Ultra ATX Intel Motherboard   

Processor - http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentium-D-940-Presler-3-2GHz-2-x-2MB-L2-Cache-LGA-775_W0QQitemZ260084670276QQcmdZViewItem 

HD - http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=332150&Redir=1&description=Western%20Digital-120GB%20WD%20Caviar%20Ultra%20ATA-100%20Hard%20Drive-Internal%20Hard%20Drives   

RAM   http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145034

did i make a mistake on parts??? or could i had installed something wrong?    if u need anymore info...or i can send info on all the parts if needed...thanks abunch

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: I built a computer....and its extremly slow...any help...parts listed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »
well,about this hard disk did you buy it a brand new one or it's just a 2nd hand item?you said you can't go to the windows because it take time to boot?can you go in save mode?if so,defrag in save mode.that's the only opinion i have,wait for pro like patio help you,or the others ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:31:29 PM by kuszmania9999 »

Sashimi

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:06:40 AM »
    Do you mean Safe Mode?

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 12:24:16 AM »
    yeah sorry..i always made that mistake..safe mode..hehe ;D
    you still didn't answer me,is that HDD a brand new one or something you bought from like ebay?

RankenTech

Beginner
    • sexay computer nerd
      « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 09:33:33 AM »
      When you installed your motherboard drivers, did you make sure to install the chipset driver first? Whether or not you install this one first can mean up to a 40% difference in performance.
      A+
      MCP
      CCNA

kg4mvpmt

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 05:10:28 PM »
      I boot it in normal mode...and the HDD the one i linked u to is what i got i bought it brand new.and using ata.

kg4mvpmt

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »
      {When you installed your motherboard drivers, did you make sure to install the chipset driver first? Whether or not you install this one first can mean up to a 40% difference in performance.}

[Ive never built a computer....so im not for sure if i did that right or not....lol..sorry]