Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Very peculiar issue  (Read 8236 times)

vindi

Re: Very peculiar issue
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 07:57:09 PM »
I believe the problem may likely lie in your last paragraph...

:o So you think if I buy this 24pin DVI cable that might as well resolve the issue? I did not do it, because I have already spent a $100 on a G-Force 5200 card thinking that my old 7800 got burned. So I figured to go to this forum to get some valuable advices and stop feeding CircuitCity. So I will go by there tomorrow and report my status. If that does not work, and right now I am unfortunately very down, I will have to march to GeekSquad greatly mortified. I used to fix computers not a long time ago, but as time passed, the technology got well ahead apparently. I was one of the first proud owners of P 120 with a turbo button on the case that retailed at several thousands. 

vindi

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »
So, I went to Circuit City, spent my last cast and payed the rest with the credit card. That *censored* 24 pin DVI cable is 50 dollars! Well well well. It did not help. So now what.. take it to the service people to charge me another hundred or get rid of it and take the loss?
Any last recommendations?

vindi

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
I am going to smash that pile of %#$@% into pieces. Spent almost a $1000 to get several sleepless nights and endless headaches. Plus frustration. Worth every penny, definitely.
I am stupid enough to go get this PC diagnostic card. That thing will tell me that the motherboard is faulty and I swear to my mama I crush that thing into dust. The vindication will be worth the money. And I will start reading books instead on going on the Internet. And write with my hand.
Back to the primitive.
Amen.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 02:21:31 AM »
    Did you try another monitor?

vindi

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 07:56:28 PM »
    Yes Fed, I tried another monitor, even though this one is a couple months old only.
    Thanks for the last word of hope.
    Have a good one

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 11:32:05 PM »
      Grasping at straws here trying to get my head around your problem.
      Is your Power Supply voltage switch set correctly for your electricity supply?
      115/240

vindi

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 03:17:04 PM »
      Grasping at straws here trying to get my head around your problem.
      Is your Power Supply voltage switch set correctly for your electricity supply?
      115/240
      Yeah bud, it is set to 115..

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »
        At this stage I think I'd go through each and every step in the following link.
        http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm
        There has to be an answer to this.

The Saviour

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 05:48:15 PM »
        Has anyone given any thought to the idea, that it may, in fact, be the CPU?

Just a thought...

Fed

• Sage
          « Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 06:06:46 PM »
          With so many parts to swap around for elimination this might be a job for the fixit shop so Vindi doesn't go to the poorhouse buying them.

The Saviour

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 06:19:13 PM »
          That's a good point, Fed...

I didn't mean that he purchase a new one...but check to make sure it was installed properly...including thermal paste, proper seating, heatsink...ventilation...

The whole build should actually be checked as previously suggested...

vindi

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 09:20:05 AM »
          I was also thinking about the CPU. That is why I have ordered a PC diagnostic card, which should tell me eventually what is wrong with the computer.
          Thank you for the endeavor guys, I appreciate that  ;)

Fed

• Sage
            « Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 04:27:36 PM »
            We'll keep the light on Vindi.

vindi

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 07:51:23 PM »
            Hello there once again.
            I only wanted to give you guys an update on my status. I grew desperate after trying to pinpoint the issue with my newly purchased PC diagnostic card throwing error 34 at me not knowing what kind of BIOS my Intel mobo had. So I decided to give up and bring it to the "professionals". Well, I took it to the Firedogs first. They did not even accept it, saying they do not know they would be able to pinpoint the problem either. They recommended TigerDirect. These guys were like "No problem sir, we are the best in business." Well after five days I get a call to pick my PC up. They made me pay $80 for labor and the report they gave me that they did not find out anything wrong with the PC. Now are you serious about that, I asked the technician. That guy was several years younger than me and I am almost sure I know more about computers than they all together. Now I have a question. Can it get any worse? Still the same problem, will power on, but no signal to the monitor. I am bringing it to the GeekSquad, I made a deal with them that if they don't exactly tell me what the problem is, I won't pay a cent. This computer will be the most expensive one in my computer history.
            Cheers and hope you are all doing well.
            Vindi

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
              « Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 08:49:52 PM »
              the only option may be to get the expensive video cable. the vga cable may not be able to handle the video card and the monitor.