Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Backlash: Microsoft Quietly Lets Vista Users Revert to XP  (Read 9041 times)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Vista Backlash: Microsoft Quietly Lets Vista Users Revert to XP
    « Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 02:15:59 PM »
    Comp Guy .........  You didnt understand my comment .... based on your response......
    I'll try it again......... You akcnowledge you have issues with Vista, but arent prepared to suggest how you have rectified them ? ....or are you just putting up with them?   For the record , I have been in touch with Adobe.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 02:21:31 PM »
      Comp Guy ............
      It should get near as stable as Windows soon.... maybe in another 10 years.

II'm sorry to appear as if I'm on your case, but I'm not.......... it's just that I wonder which version of the Windows operating system you refer to in your quote?

Richenstony

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 02:25:21 PM »
      Comp Guy ............

II'm sorry to appear as if I'm on your case, but I'm not.......... it's just that I wonder which version of the Windows operating system you refer to in your quote?

Why would he get that impression  ::)

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
        « Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 02:28:53 PM »
        Comp Guy .........  You didnt understand my comment .... based on your response......
        I'll try it again......... You akcnowledge you have issues with Vista, but arent prepared to suggest how you have rectified them ? ....or are you just putting up with them?   For the record , I have been in touch with Adobe.

No I'm just sort of putting up with them for now. I haven't done much problem fixing lately.

Comp Guy ............

XP  ::)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 02:42:41 PM »
        I think vista is extremely pretty ..... its a amazing OS with a few bugs deal with it people....  ::) :D

There are more than a few bugs.
        Don't get me wrong and i don't want to see a Vista bashing thread...those are usually unproductive.
        All i am saying is it was rushed to market...wasn't ready ...and hopefully the Service Packs will help as they did with XP.

BTW i've been tinkering with it since the first Longhorn release so it's not a casual observation.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 02:49:30 PM »
          Don't get me wrong and i don't want to see a Vista bashing thread...those are usually unproductive.
          All i am saying is it was rushed to market...wasn't ready ...and hopefully the Service Packs will help as they did with XP.

I couldn't agree with you more.   
          I was hoping for some incite from other Vista users, who have been able to recify their issues.

Richenstony

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 02:55:22 PM »
          I think vista is extremely pretty ..... its a amazing OS with a few bugs deal with it people....  ::) :D

There are more than a few bugs.

BTW i've been tinkering with it since the first Longhorn release so it's not a casual observation.
          I agree with it being rushed out to fast but i have no hardware conflicts of any kind with it it runs just as good as x-p if not better , i finally got a dual boot going and i have to say x-p and vista combined is a force to be reconned with .... a lot of people like calum and Chris like the old classic look maybe due to the low memory usage im not to sure but i think its worth the look , they have gone over the top with the boot though , when you get that little vista icon flash that just takes up more time to boot into desktop *yawns*....... i love vista bugs or no bugs ..... its a great OS ...... i like love it ...... im a enthusiastic computer user just like all of you and i want my OS to run without bugs just like all of you , but i think a little time and patients and all vista users will be rewarded with a top notch secure os with no glitches ....

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
          • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Computer Hope
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »
          The majority of all my Vista issue were driver / update related issues. Although honestly mostly driver issues. After the first few months I was able to fix most of my issues with drivers. Although some of them still encounter occasional hiccups, for the most part they work pretty good. I'm still primarily using XP though, I still have some big grudges on some of the things they've changed.

Like has been said earlier, I think Microsoft just released this OS too early and that many more of the small glitches still out there will be resolved with the SP and additional updates from vendors. Unlike other operating systems *nix / MacOS Microsoft has a lot of backward compatibility, new computer users, older software, and dozens of other small annoyances they would be so hard to deal with.
          Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
          -Albert Einstein

Fed

• Sage
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 03:33:35 PM »
            I'll bet the big computer manufacturers can't handle the customer support calls for Vista and Microsoft have come to the party to ease their pain.
            It's only fair considering W2K is freeware to compensate XP users. :D

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
              « Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 10:41:23 PM »

I couldn't agree with you more.   
              I was hoping for some incite from other Vista users, who have been able to recify their issues.

Sorry, haven't fixed anything. I have issues with my built-in camera.