Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problem installing a game.  (Read 3317 times)

reigh hoff

problem installing a game.
« on: December 09, 2004, 04:31:33 PM »
iam running Microsoft window home edition and iam trying to install a game i have called " independence war" made by ocean in 1998, the game would run on my older windown 98 computer. when i try to install i get a error pop up saying
" C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT.  
This system file is not suitable for running ms-dos, and windows aplications."

i can click on two buttons " Ignore,cancel" but no matter wich one i click on it just stope the instalation.

Does anyone have any idea on how i can fix this ??? thank you in advance.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: problem installing a game.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 04:47:52 PM »
Ok, I have the same problem with some of my games... Let me give you a link on how to fix this problem.... I have NOT tried it myself, becuase I do not have the time, but give it a shot...  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

[glb]Flame[/glb]

drewdown619

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
iam running Microsoft window home edition and iam trying to install a game i have called " independence war" made by ocean in 1998, the game would run on my older windown 98 computer. when i try to install i get a error pop up saying
" C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT.  
This system file is not suitable for running ms-dos, and windows aplications."

i can click on two buttons " Ignore,cancel" but no matter wich one i click on it just stope the instalation.

Does anyone have any idea on how i can fix this ??? thank you in advance.

You will not be able to play this game, this game will require DOS to run.  There are programs out there that will help you out in getting it to run, you might want to do a google search for them.  Sorry I was not able to help...

2k dummy

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 11:56:18 PM »
Try installing in compatibility mode.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 07:09:53 AM »
Guys, do what I said! I had this problem not even a month ago! I have the papers and everything! It fixed the problem! Reigh Hoff, you CAN use the game more than likely, you just need to follow the instructions on that Microsoft page I gave you...