Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HTML Email Problem in Outlook Express  (Read 3030 times)

chicobico

HTML Email Problem in Outlook Express
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:08:11 PM »
Hi All,

I'm trying to send an html email that contains links (ahref).

When I send an html email with Outlook to my Outlook Express client, the html links do not work. However, when I send myself the email with Outlook and read it through Outlook, all the links work just fine.

The links also work when sent to a gmail account.

I also took the same template and sent it using Outlook Express and sent to Outlook Express & Outlook. Everything worked fine.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it so the links work in Outlook Express when sending from Outlook?

Thanks for the help!
chicobico

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: HTML Email Problem in Outlook Express
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 04:07:13 PM »
It's most likely your client's OE setup.

I found something here:
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/11/07/news/columnists/computer_tutor_don/21_07_0211_6_04.txt

Double-click Internet Explorer and choose Tools>Internet Options>Programs. Be sure that "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser" has a check mark.

Click "Reset Web Settings" and uncheck "Also reset my home page." Click "Yes," "OK" and "OK" again. Then go to Start>Run and type in: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. Click "OK" and "OK" again to ensure URLMON.DLL's registration.

This will make incoming links in Outlook and Outlook Express clickable.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: HTML Email Problem in Outlook Express
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
The recipient has to have "HTML and plain text" checked in his e-mail program in the recieve preferences...otherwise it will just show as plain text.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "