Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Do videos from YouTube save somewhere on your computer?  (Read 2210 times)

alexcoco11

Topic Starter

Do videos from YouTube save somewhere on your computer?
    « on: November 05, 2007, 03:44:15 PM »
    I wonder if YouTube videos or any other websites that have videos, somehow save on your computer? Not nessesarly downloading them, but when you view them, does that save on your computer? And if so where do I go to delete them?

Please help thanks!

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Do videos from YouTube save somewhere on your computer?
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »
    Pretty much anything you view on the Internet is going to be saved (which is downloading) to your computer. As far as manually going in and deleting an individual You Tube video that could be difficult because of how YouTube names each of the files. However, it will be a file ending with .swf and likely a larger file when compared with the other files.

What I'd recommend is simply deleting your Internet history.

Information about viewing and clearing and deleting your Internet history (cache) can be found on the below page.
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000510.htm
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein