Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: system32\drivers\mup.sys  (Read 3375 times)

tomward87

system32\drivers\mup.sys
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
Im sorry if this is in the wrong topic area but I have heard it described as a hardware/software driver and network problem so Im hedging my bets.

Im trying to repair my brothers computer which blue-screened and died during a high demand game program a week ago. It freezes and flashes an (unreadable) blue screen on last known good configuration and start windows XP normally. Using safe mode, command prompt and networking options on the advanced options all freeze when loading the system32\drivers\mup.sys file. Re-setting the Bios has not worked and without being able to get the command prompt I cant manually delve in and start messing with things

Normally I would simply use a restore disk or windows CD, however heres the kicker Im working on a Sony Vaio which did not come with a windows OS CD, I believe they kept the restore information in a partition on the drive somewhere which without command prompt working I cant explore and run any sort of restore or re-install. Any ideas? Saving the data would be nice but not vital, Im mainly trying to avoid buying a new copy of windows.

Note windows is completely unloadable, therefore all options based on re-setting or turning of video/drivers from  windows are out, anything that requires command prompt or windows xp systems is out unless someone could find a way to get to them I have a the same model of Vaio myself so could make recovery CD, but I dont know if there is an option for this

Any suggestions Welcomed
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:46:21 AM by tomward87 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: system32\drivers\mup.sys
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »
Quadruple Post.
Topic Closed.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "