Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: FPS Drop - The Extremecase  (Read 2063 times)

JonasD

Topic Starter

FPS Drop - The Extremecase
    « on: December 02, 2007, 05:24:58 AM »
    Hi!
    I'm having some issues with my computer in the following way;
    When playing a game, any game at all, I get FPS drops a few minutes into the game, that lasts for a few seconds. It's not a normal FPS drop, since it always goes down to 1 FPS, making the game unplayable during those few seconds. Afterwards, it returns to its original state, for half a minute, just to be able to drop down to 1 fps again.

It keeps doing that forever and ever, and I just can't seem to find what's wrong.
    Having searched the internet for days, I couldn't find anyone with the same issue, or anything close to it, so I came here.

I've tried the following;

Updated the Bios (without result)
    Reinstalled windows 4 times.
    Tried alot of different drivers for my Graphic card.
    I've used programs that checks my Hardware speed and temperature, but they all seemed normal.
    I've also tried my Graphic card in another computer, together with the ram, and both of them worked perfectly.
    So I assumed there was something wrong with the Motherboard or the Processor, thus I sent both back to the seller, who performed an error check, and found nothing wrong, since both of them worked just perfectly in his computer.
    I've also bought a new hard drive but without results yet again.

So I ask the lot of you, what could possibly be wrong with my computer?

Apparantely, there's nothing wrong with;
    The Ram
    The GFX
    The Processor
    The Mobo
    The Hard Drive
    The Drivers

Could it be the power supply? Sounds ockward to me, what power supply would be able to support the computer all the time, except for a few seconds into a game?

I've got the following components:

Mobo:
    Asus M2N-MX SE nForce 430 + GeForce 6100 2DDR2-DIMM 2PCI 1PCIe SATA Raid Audio LAN Socket AM2 mATX

Processor:
    AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+ 3.0GHz 2x1MB Boxed (with cpu-cooler!) Socket AM2

Ram:
    Corsair XMS2-6400 TWIN2X2048-6400 5-5-5-12 Xtreme 2x1024MB (tot. 2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz with Heatsink

Graphic card:
    Asus Extreme GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDR3 TV-out HDTV DUAL DVI SLI-ready RETAIL PCI Express

Power Supply:
    Xilence 480W 12cm Fan REDWING ATX12V V2.0

Thanks in advance,
    Jonas.