Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: about my earbuds....  (Read 1861 times)

elxr06

about my earbuds....
« on: January 23, 2008, 08:34:16 PM »
I've got a pair of sony earbuds but the sound only comes out of one side. It's something to do with the earbuds themselves I think, as I've tested on portable cd player and my computer with same result. It doesn't bother me that the sound only comes from one side, but if I could be fixed, that would be cool ^_^

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: about my earbuds....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »
One of the wires is probably broken. Probably can't be fixed.

homer

Expert
    « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
    One of the wires is probably broken. Probably can't be fixed.

ahh, it can though, i have done it multiple times. if its a wire, it can be fixed, if its the speaker itself, then you will need to purchase new earbuds, unless of course, you happen to have a spare earbud that you could solder on.

you will need to find a spot that is subject to excessive flexing and/or has exposed wire showing, as this would be the most likely place where a wire break could occur. the most usual places for the wires to break, due to excessive flexing, would be at the point of entry in the earbuds themselves or the point of entry in the audio jack. you can purchase new jacks if the break in the wire is too close to the jack.

if you do plan on soldering, just take note that the wire is covered in a thin layer of laquer. before soldering the wire you will need to sand off the laquer insulation to expose the bare copper.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
    It's easier just to buy a new pair.

elxr06

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 04:44:30 PM »
    Thanks for the info guys. I already did buy a new pair.  ;D