Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Crashes Computer  (Read 2436 times)

Wojocad

Outlook Crashes Computer
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:01:09 PM »
I've got Outlook 2002 running on XP Pro and I first got an Outlook error message that my personal folders did not close properly.  I hit the button to repair the problem... It ran for a while and then crashed.  Now I get a blue screen with the "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" line at the top every time I try to open Outlook.  Is there a way to hook up to a remote "Detect and Repair" check-up for this version of Outlook?

Helpdeskian

Re: Outlook Crashes Computer
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
i would remove the personal folder from outlook in the profile. then run a pst cleaner. outlook gets funny with pst files after they reach over 1 gig in size.  you can use scan pst to try and recover the pst file, and then add it back to the profile.

you can also try creating a new profile. it wil redownload all the messages currently in your inbox. either way you will still want to run scanpst to check that personal folder.

you can get scanpst from http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/outlook/Scanpst.exe.

save the file to 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033' and you can just go to start, run, and type in scanpst.exe

lastly you can try running outlook in safe mode. go to start run and then type in  outlook.exe /safe

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »
http://tweaksforgeeks.com/IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.html
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 07:11:27 PM »
And bringing up the rear at # 3 is no SP2 installed...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "