Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless printing  (Read 2433 times)

onepaced

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Wireless printing
    « on: March 08, 2008, 06:55:23 AM »
    Hi all, can you help with a basic one ???? I have a desk top PC and a Canon Pixma IP3000 printer set up. I'm using a laptop wirelessly around the house using a netgear router.

I want to send docs wirelessly from my lap top to my printer - how do i set this up? Do I need to buy separate print server? Any help,  guidance would be gratefully received.

Bmx485

Rookie

• I use Yahoo..
      Re: Wireless printing
      « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:52:48 AM »
      I would think that if you have everything set up and are getting no errors you should just be able to use it as you would if it was a wired printer. Try send them to print like you normally would. It should work ok.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 09:49:03 AM »
      Is the printer connected to another computer that's connected to the router?  If so, have you enabled printer sharing on that computer?  Can the computers see each other on the network?

Bmx485

Rookie

• I use Yahoo..
        « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:26:22 PM »
        I believe that with wireless you will need bluetooth. This will make it so it can comunnicate with each other. Its like your wireless computer you need a dongel to make a wireless mouse work with it. Hope this answers some of your questions.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 07:38:29 AM »
        I believe that with wireless you will need bluetooth. This will make it so it can comunnicate with each other. Its like your wireless computer you need a dongel to make a wireless mouse work with it. Hope this answers some of your questions.

HuH ? ?

::)
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "