Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cd_rom driver lost  (Read 3605 times)

wolfheads

cd_rom driver lost
« on: March 21, 2008, 12:00:50 PM »
I recently had a new motherboard installed on my laptop. Now I have no cd_rom drive that was there before in My Computer. It shows the drive for a 3 1/2 floppy, which I do not have on my laptop. Gateway2000 Solo. Windows XP.

Can someone tell me where it went?

Dias de verano

Re: cd_rom driver lost
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 02:16:39 PM »
Why don't you ask the company that installed the new motherboard?

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 05:35:57 AM »
You may need to make changes in the BIOS.
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 05:47:29 AM »
    XP looks for hardware changes so it possible that some of the BIOS settings where changed.  It appears that you have to go into the BIOS and disable the FLoppy drive and find where the CD ROM is an have it enabled.  Just in case you dont know what to look for.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »
    Install motherboard drivers.