Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Hope search  (Read 2391 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Computer Hope search
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:30:40 AM »
Just thought I'd update everyone on this and hopefully it helps with things, also good info for any other Webmasters. I happened to notice a lot of pages and forum pages that were old not getting indexed properly on Google and therefore not being returned in the main Computer Hope search.

After a lot of research I found many of the pages I was hunting down were indexed but not on the computerhope.com domain, they were being indexed on other Computer Hope domains not using web forwarding (e.g. computerhope.org, mrhope.com, etc.). Therefore I changed the four domains using the domain server instead of web forwarding to forward. Should be updated within 24 hours. However, I'd imagine it will take Google a few days maybe a month to notice the change.

Really hope this helps pull better results in the main Computer Hope search engine. I know that the "Old Forum Search" found at the bottom of every page is a lot more efficient, but can be real taxing on the servers and I'd prefer that there be one main search engine instead of multiple solutions.

Good info for any SEOs or those of us with a lot of different domains. ;)

Also one of the Computer Hope visitors mentioned some difficulty finding contact information for a computer company through the search. When trying to figure this out I thought of a great additional refinement that could be added: "Phone #'s". So if for example you were looking for contact information for Microsoft searching for Microsoft and clicking this new refinement will only display company contact pages containing Microsoft.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein