Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer turns off  (Read 1879 times)

velekbl

computer turns off
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »
When I eject a disc (CD R) my computer turns off.  Message on screen reads         " Problem has been detected windows has shut down to prevent damage. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. Check for BIOS updates. Restart computer press F8 select advanced start up then select safe mode. Tech info OxOOOOOO7E   Begin dumping of physical memory-dump complete" What the heck is going on????

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: computer turns off
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 12:47:50 AM »
I'm assuming because of the F8 message you're running some form of Windows. I'd assume Windows XP. Are you getting any additional message besides the memory code you listed below a line with underscores such as: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ?

Based off the description of the error it could potentially be any number of things. If I was a betting man I'd first think memory issue. Additional details about checking for bad memory on below link. I'd suggest try running the memtest86 program (link found in below document).

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000708.htm

If memory checks out my next assumption would be driver related issue because this happens on ejection of disc drive. Try updating the drivers for it.

Also have you added any new hardware recently?
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein