Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows media player wont open  (Read 3556 times)

Full name?

windows media player wont open
« on: April 18, 2004, 01:27:24 PM »
whenever i try to open windows media player it wont open at all if i try yo open it from my desktop my desktop freezes, ive ran an anti virus program and spysweeper both found nothing plz help me

sierradad

Re: windows media player wont open
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 05:54:42 PM »
What is your operating system (Win 98SE, ME, XP, or?). Have you considered uninstalling WMP through Control Panel > Add/Remove, then going to Windows update and installing the newest version?

At this point, this is just a thought. You may have other issues here that a more advanced member may pick up on, but if it were my system, that is probably what I would do. You might want to wait for more replies before actually doing this, since I'm not all that sure I'm on the right track here  :)

Best....sierradad

Joleen

Re: windows media player wont open
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 08:42:25 AM »
Can't shake a stick at that kind of quality advice.  Another thing to ask is.. what version of WMP is it?  I'd also post this in the software section as it seems to have little to do with viruses or spyware.