Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Documents prove FBI has national eavesdropping program that tracks IMs, emails..  (Read 4075 times)

Computer Hope Admin

Topic Starter
  • Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
 :o

FBI also spies on home soil for military, documents show; Much information acquired without court order.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has been routinely monitoring the e-mails, instant messages and cell phone calls of suspects across the United States -- and has done so, in many cases, without the approval of a court.

Link
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
  • Experience: Experienced
I wonder, once they got over the culture and techno shock, what our founding fathers would say...

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

Ivy

I wonder, once they got over the culture and techno shock, what our founding fathers would say...
What about  gaylord Perry ?Would they get over that!!!!!!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner

The Founding Fathers would have fallen in love with the game of Baseball...
That being said even though Gaylord Perry bent the rules of Baseball a bit they would love to have had him pitch for their Home Team...
And even if he didn't they would probably have bought a ticket to see him pitch a game.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
I really don't care if the FBI is spying on possible threats to national security. Actually, I don't really care if they are spying on me.... I think they should be allowed to do what they need to protect the people of this country. However, I do disagree with any possible operation like the one in Bourne Ultimatum. I think the government should be allowed to do what's necessary to protect the country, short of physical harm. A trial should precede any of that.
The FBI people have probably already sworn themselves to secrecy concerning gov't operations. So they probably won't be telling the nation about a 14 year old couple repeatedly saying they love each other on the phone, or your grandmother's complaining about her incontinence.

Ivy

The Founding Fathers would have fallen in love with the game of Baseball...
That being said even though Gaylord Perry bent the rules of Baseball a bit they would love to have had him pitch for their Home Team...
And even if he didn't they would probably have bought a ticket to see him pitch a game.

I actually broke up his first name into two parts in reference  to a recent discussion on breakup thread but how did i expect anyone else to understand!!!!!!!!

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
I wondered about that when I saw it, Ivy.  Now, I"m no historian, though I am old enough  ::).  I do know that many of our founding fathers were not Christians, per se -- they were Deists -- they believed in God through the manifestations of nature and design and physical laws (not paganism).  Design presupposes a Designer.  I guessing -- I'm not sure  -- I'm guessing it wouldn't be such a big deal for them.  I'm guessing!  If they did not follow the Old Testament strictly, it may have been up to each of them to decide.

Ivy

Brian are you referring to what I'm thinking ? Do you mean the first half of the first name??I'll Pm you n let you know.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
    • Yes
Yes, I'm referring to what you're thinking (I think.)  ;)

Ivy

Confirmation received via PM.
 ;)