Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming PC First Build Mystery...  (Read 30500 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: Gaming PC First Build Mystery...
    « Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 06:31:24 AM »
    Just take the battery out right.  But wont I loose the BIOS setting too?  But if I have to do it.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Crafty

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 06:37:10 AM »
    They will just default back to what they should be. You have to try this to eliminate it been that, It won't hurt your computer if you know how to do it. Should tell you how to in your motherboard manual.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 06:43:45 AM »
      Okay taking the battery out.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Crafty

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 06:46:16 AM »
      OK, let me know how it goes.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 06:52:07 AM »
        I removed it an set the settings but it doesnt seem like it did anything.  I still cant see the drives.  The video card probably still sees maxblast distorted.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 06:57:19 AM »
          The video is all distorted plus I dont have the use of my mouse ehter way its a usb but I dont want to use a ps/2 with this system since mine are tracball.

Crafty

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 06:59:02 AM »
          Let me try to clear up what you are saying. Are you saying that it wont allow you to install XP on you Hard drive? And you are 100% sure all your cables are OK?

Please, one thing at a time. Cannot try to solve one problem when you keep changing them from one to the other.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 07:03:35 AM »
            No I can but this is how I like to install xp an make sure that the whole drive is being used as this is a gaming machine.  Yes its all pertty new.

Crafty

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 07:21:21 AM »
            No I can but this is how I like to install xp an make sure that the whole drive is being used as this is a gaming machine.  Yes its all pertty new.

Sorry, but there is a clear language barrier problem here. In your first post you talk about "Disk Boot Failure". Now you talk about mouse and Graphic card problems? Since this is a new build, its anyones guess what you have done wrong. I am still unsure what the true problem is, because as already mentioned, you have just skipped from one thing to another. As for your mouse not working did you enable the USB ports in the Bios, or even connect them correctly to your motherboard?

(1) Look for USB Interface or a similar setting in the Advanced Setup, Peripheral Configuration or another section of your computer BIOS settings.
            (2) Follow the onscreen instructions or read the computer documentation to enable the USB port.
            (3) Follow the onscreen instructions to save the new settings and restart the computer.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 07:49:34 AM »
              Well even I'm not sure.  Its cause i'm about 1/4 german isnt it?  I have them enabled an are conected to a Universal Serial Bus Port.

Crafty

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 09:31:33 AM »
              Well even I'm not sure.  Its cause i'm about 1/4 german isnt it?  I have them enabled an are conected to a Universal Serial Bus Port.

Maybe you should list all the problems you are having in one go, Instead of starting a thread about one problem, only to then change it half way through and talk about about a different problem, it may make it easier to understand you then.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 09:55:09 AM »
                Okay that seems to be whats happing any how, have to post latter in class right know.
                « Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 10:08:21 AM by squall_01 »

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 08:59:43 AM »
                  This is the build in case Pentium 4 Socket 478, Intel SE7210TP1-E Sever Board, 450 watt psu, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB, DiamondMax 21 320 GB 9QF8FY6D, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeoon X 1300.  Also this pc had a 300 Connected so I might use it and put the 160 in another pc.  So I’m including it.  These are Maxtor Brand Drives. The 320 are about three months the 160 is roughly about 1 year. The 300 is about a year as well.  NTFS formatted.  Windows XP Professional.    I had TESTED the RAM, MotherBoard, CPU, and HD,PSU

1.)   With the 300 set as the boot drive, some times this comes up Disk Boot Failure, Insert system disk an press enter.  I do and it restarts to my BIOS settings.  I exit it and restarts an it tries to install xp.  I remove the power cable to the hard drive and reconnect it.  Boots into xp but doesn't see the D drive at times.  Reconnect the cables to it and windows scans the drive and runs okay. Then the error starts again.  At the time I have to run maxblast four to get this pc to work.
                  2.)   Both of these drives see maxblast in weird colors when I have the video card enabled, the video card works in other pcs.  I need it for certain games.  Also effects IDE drives
                  3.)   I don’t have a mouse in maxblast just the keyboard
                  4.)   Maxblast doesn’t see my drive even with an IDE connected It comes up saying that it couldn’t find any ATA drives

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 08:42:42 AM »
                    Any ideas why know that I gave the max info of whats wrong,  Please allow two to eight weeks for delivery.  Please keep your hands inside the ride at all times.  Enjoy your stay.

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »
                      okay since crafty hasnt come backan all the problem to this single machine should be here.