Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Concern with my Laptops Temprature  (Read 2113 times)

Windows98

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Concern with my Laptops Temprature
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Hi everyone! It has been a while since I came on here  ;D

Well anyways, I am concern with my Laptop Temprature. The problem is that the laptop seems warmer then normal. At first I didn't give it much thought but recently the computer has been feeling warmer then normal.

Computer Specs:

Intel Celeron M 1.3Ghz
512 MB RAM
30 GB Hard Drive ( 4200RPM )

Laptop Model: Toshiba M35X-S114

I manage to get a reading of my hard drive temprature, 44c (111f), I can not tell what my CPU temprature is, but when I try to hold the laptop from the bottom for a few seconds it is hot enough for me to put the laptop back down on the table.

In fact if I have to always move my laptop into diffrent posistions on the table because if I leave it one spot that spot gets very warm.

I also notice when I put my hand to where the fan opening is suppose to blow the hot air out air out, I am feeling very minimal air coming out and the CPU fan sounds like it is wirling like crazy.

Also another problem is that when I put my palm on my keys they are very warm. Especially on the side where my CPU and Memory are located ( right side of the laptop )

Is their a way for me to get an actual reading of my laptops temprature?

What I normally do with my Laptop:

I mostly have Opera web browser on. I use an average of 14% CPU and 100 MB of memory, ( I have alot of tabs opened. ) and 400 MB of Paging File.

I have my laptop computer on about 9 hours a day.

Should I be concern with this increase in warm temprature?

[recovering space - attachment deleted by admin]

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Concern with my Laptops Temprature
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »
Your computer needs a good internal cleaning.

Read the ComputerHope Howto on this. If you
are not familiar with this procedure,pay to have
it cleaned at a local shop.

Go to the below link.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000780.htm
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Windows98

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »
I think I am a little intimidated with opening a laptop, I have never done one before. I mostly specialize in desktop maintence...

Well, I did find a site with a tutorial instruction on how to open my laptop, but do I really have to remove the LCD screen just for me to get to the CPU fans?

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/ToshibaM35X/satM35X_1.htm

I have had this heating problem for quite a while now, actually a few months but I did not think it is a problem.

I guess I will give it a try this weekend and if worst comes to worst I think I will just take it to a computer repair shop and have them open it up and do some basic maintence.

I haven't had any serious problems with my laptop yet... but I was just wondering if I can get away with having a laptop with these temperature settings, or the levels have reached critical and might cause long term damage.

DukeIcewalker

Rookie

• Saved!
    « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:41:41 PM »
    There is more of a procedure with Laptops but it doesn't hold too many suprises.  The LCD part is a more difficult thing to remove.

Another thought is to get an external laptop fan dock.
    Seeing is Believing
    and believing is seeing
    if you believe it you can see it
    if you saw it, do you think you could believe it?