Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cleaning Printer Heads - Drains Cartridges  (Read 3056 times)

Zippy

Topic Starter

Cleaning Printer Heads - Drains Cartridges
    « on: April 27, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »
    Hi everyone ;D I've an Epson Stylus Photo RX420. and hoping somebody can help with my problem. Basically when ever I want to print a photo I usually have to clean the heads - thing is everytime I do this it drains the cartridges - I've have just now drained a new set of cartridges until the heads were finally clean - I now cant print the photo cause I havent any ink left! Any solutions anyone? ??? Thanks Zippy

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Cleaning Printer Heads - Drains Cartridges
      « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 11:06:57 AM »
      NO NO NO What you have to do is find someone who can take it apart cause the print heads get cloged an then this happens.  Its know to happen to all epsons printers.  Cheaper to get another one.  :( :o
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Zippy

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 11:27:23 AM »
        Thanks Squall, I did have the same problem with my old epson back along so guess it was normal but I did figure something must be wrong after loosing all that ink today. Any suggestion as to what I should get - recommendations anyone??? Thanks Zippy

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »
        NO NO NO What you have to do is find someone who can take it apart cause the print heads get cloged an then this happens.  Its know to happen to all epsons printers.  Cheaper to get another one.  :( :o

Your source for that information?

I had an Epson for years and never had that happen. Gave that one to my mother and bought a Canon Pixma iP3300. She still uses it and hasn't had an issue with cleaning the heads.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »
        I had two Epsons, and always happy with it.
        It may be some bad batch of cartridges.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2008, 03:38:26 AM »
          I got a c66 an c82 an they both wont print cause there cloged, I talk from self experince.  The one was my sisters that she never really used the other was one of my dads boss's brothers. 
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres