Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I want to transfer a preinstalled XP to another computer that is running 98SE  (Read 4711 times)

bug56

Topic Starter

My friend has a computer that has Windows XP , pre-installed. I have an old computer that has Windows 98SE on it. Can anyone tell me how I can transfer XP
    and the files from their computer, to mine. My computer has a larger hard drive, 80GB, verses 20GB, and also 512MB, verses 256MB. I have a 2GB flash drive,
    but I'm not exactly sure  how to do this.
     A step-by-step answer would really help.
    I would greatly appreciate any help, I could get.
    Thanks in advance,

Bug56

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    A pre-installed version is made to work on only one computer: the computer it was installed on. It's not legal nor would it work. If you want XP on the other computer, you'll need to purchase an XP CD for it.

bug56

Topic Starter

Thanks, quaxo. I appreciate the reply. Not exactly what I wanted to hear.
       The reason I don't stay with 98SE is all of the new printers don't want to work with this system. She recently purchased a new all-in-one.
      Even with the downloads and fixes from the companies, they just don't work right.

Thanks again,

Bug56.