Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Deleting Wallpaper?  (Read 4220 times)

Ralph_H

Deleting Wallpaper?
« on: March 18, 2004, 03:06:44 AM »
Does anyone know how to delete personal pictures from the wallpaper without deleting from the My Pictures file. I've been trying to figure it out and when I delete from wallpaper it automatically deletes fropm my picturers file.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Deleting Wallpaper?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 10:59:04 AM »
How exactly are you deleting the personal picture from the wallpaper?
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Ralph_H

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 02:34:56 PM »
Deleting by:

1. Desktop Property

2. Highlighting wallpaper

3. Browse

4. Delete

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 08:13:40 PM »
Ok... if you are browsing this is not part of the wallpapers this is actually your explorer... so you are actually deleting the file and not the wallpaper entry in the wallpaper listing.

The only method I'm aware of to remove the wallpaper listing is to move the file to an alternate location. Open your wallpaper listing and it will no longer be listed. Once it is no longer listed you can move it back to its original location.

If any users are familiar with an alternate method and/or a utility that enables a user to customize their wallpaper listings please feel free to post it.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

SearleN586

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 02:17:20 PM »
Personal wallpapers are stored in the folder My Pictures so just go in to the folder find the file and move it to another location. The same apply`s for new pictures just save the file in my pictures and it will appear in the display for the desktop