Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A usb connector disables my internet?  (Read 2877 times)

AtomicBmb

Topic Starter

A usb connector disables my internet?
    « on: May 29, 2008, 06:57:54 AM »
    I don't know if this exactly the best place to put this but, up until recently, I used a usb connector to connect to my Wii gaming console. But now, when I connect it, it disables my internet service. The nintendo tech's told me to find my default gateway and change it, that it would be a xxx.xxx.x.x number, but I see a xx.xxx.xxx.x number instead. I don't know how to change it because I use a modem and a pci card built into the back of my processor to connect to the internet. I have a wireless router, but for whatever reason I can connect without it. And I have tried using it only just so it's known. I really need some help.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: A usb connector disables my internet?
    « Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:37:35 AM »
    You'll have to forgive me but from what I read above I don't fully understand the issue. Some additional questiosn that should help us help you.

Is this USB cable you're using going from the Wii to the Computer?
    What version of Windows are you using on the computer?
    Are you loosing Internet connection on your Wii or your Computer or both?

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

AtomicBmb

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:19:20 AM »
      The connector is like a flash drive, I connect it to my computer's usb port. So there's no cable running from the Wii to the computer.

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

I loose connection on my computer and my Wii never has connected because it won't detect my usb connector and for whatever reason the usb connector disables my computer's internet service.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Computer Hope
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »
      Unfortunately I'm not too sure what would be causing this issue. Hopefully one of our other members has a suggestion on this issue.
      Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
      -Albert Einstein