Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: slow computer  (Read 2360 times)

jhay_e03

Topic Starter

Intermediate

slow computer
    « on: May 30, 2008, 06:53:20 AM »
    hi guys, i have problem with my computer. it was slow and that's irritating me. i look up to Task Manager and this is what i saw in processes tab

in image name, you can see that System Idle Process was the highest use in CPU. is this the main reason why my computer got to be slow?
    what im going to do?

Here's my Specs:

Celeron D 2.66 GHz, 1.43GB of RAM, 80GB of HD and WinXP.

thanks in advance for your help guys.

I know you can help me with this... ;D

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: slow computer
      « Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »
      In answer to your question, no, the CPU idle process is when the CPU ISN'T doing anything.  It should be a high number if you aren't running any applications.  You need to look for other things that are running in the background.  Go here...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/0e18b180-9b7a-4c49-8120-c47c5a693683.aspx

Download this and post back with a screenshot of what Sysinternals finds.

BTW - it would help if you gave us some info, like...

Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Operating system / antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software?

Alan <><  :D
      I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

jhay_e03

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
        I have WinXP Pro, Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 7 (antivirus), Service Pack 3...
        before i am using 512MB RAM, then now, a week ago i bought 1GB RAM, so that i am now using 1GB+512MB. at first, my computer runs properly as expected but later on my computer runs slow.

About SYSintenals finds... i dont know how to it? i already downloaded it.

Broni

Mastermind
        • Kraków my love :)
          • Computer Help Forum
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 01:39:48 PM »
        Define "slow".

Kingy

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 09:00:29 AM »
          Hi jhay,

have had the same problem and have gone through countless attempts to rectify. In order of cheapness try the following first:

1/ Talk off the side panel and clean your cooling fan well, then re-boot and try again.

2/ If this doesn't solve the probem the go into My Computer right click 'manage' select services/automatic updates/properities and set to 'disabled'.  Re-boot if this doesn't work get back to me on [email protected] and I can take you through the rest of the processes to find the problem without gtroubling the brainy guys on this site who have much greater problems to sort out!!!!!!!!!!!

cyw

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »
            Try thorough scanning for virus, spywares, trojans etc. Then go to
            Download.com or Tucows to look for a registry cleaning software....CCleaner or EasyCleaner are free.

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
              • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
            Please tell us exactly why you say your PC is slow as what Broni said.

Any software lately?

Baka puno na rin yung harddrive mo.. ;D

"Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
            --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano