Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: no sound  (Read 2582 times)

amina

no sound
« on: February 14, 2005, 06:55:18 PM »
I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL ON MY COMPUTER. NOW THAT I HAVE THE INTERNET, I WANTED TO GO ON VERTAIN WEBSITES AND LISTEN TO MUSIC. WELL MY CD'S WON'T PLAY ANY MUSIC ANYMORE AND I CAN'T HEAR ANY SOUND COMING FROM THE COMPUTER'S SPEAKERS. I HAVE NO SOUND! THIS WAS NOT AN ISSUE BEFORE I DOWNLOADED XP PROFESSIONAL. IT EVEN GAVE ME AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY SOUND CARD IS IN USE BY ANOTHER PROGRAM. HOW CAN I FIX THE PROBLEM?!    :'(

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: no sound
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 11:02:59 PM »
    amina.......If you stop yelling at us , perhaps you would get more responses ......Using all upper case is considered a no no ..........So much for the lesson in computer etiquete....... When you installed Xp pro .....did you do a format and then install XP pro or install it over something else ?  

Let us know

dl65 ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
      « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 12:00:36 PM »
      Hi you will need to install the motherboard drivers again after installing XP Pro. or you can go to Windows Update and you can install them from there
      Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

cigarman

Intermediate
        « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 01:58:01 PM »
        What were you running prior to WXP?  If you sound card is integrated then you might have to use the motherboard specific driver to re-install the sound card driver as suggested by ojas25.  If on the other hand, a card slotted into PCI then open the box find what make and model the card is and re-install the correct driver, do a Google search if you need the driver.

Kim