Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How can I rotate a scanned image just a little bit?  (Read 9719 times)

jimflint1

Topic Starter

Beginner

How can I rotate a scanned image just a little bit?
    « on: June 28, 2008, 06:51:20 AM »
    I have some scanned images which were available as free downloads (maps), but when they were scanned in, they were done slightly crooked. Most programs I've seen will only rotate 1/4 of a turn (90 degrees). Is there a way to rotate images in smaller fractions?

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How can I rotate a scanned image just a little bit?
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:56:43 AM »
    If I remember right, Google's Picasa can do that
    http://picasa.google.com/

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Computer Hope
    • Certifications: List
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:30:44 AM »
    The below Computer Hope document gives you the programs capable of doing this as well as the steps:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000990.htm
    Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    -Albert Einstein

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 10:56:32 AM »
    I have a photo editing program called MGI PhotoSuite III.  It's an old version but allows rotation in increments of 1 degree.  I see a slightly different version on ebay: MGI PHOTOSUITE III 3 SE.  It's not free but might be worth the price, in your case.

jimflint1

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 06:56:49 AM »
      Thanks for your help! I already had Picasa, and didn't know it did it. I found that the regular "rotate" buttons do the traditional 90, 180, 270 degree rotations, but there is a button called "straighten" on the left side of the screen that does exactly what I wanted it to do.
      « Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 07:07:37 AM by jimflint1 »

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 07:02:17 AM »
        Theres a program called adobe photoshop but I dont know of any free programs.  Allows you to change images an much more.  Also allows you to rotate it in small degrees.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 07:42:05 AM »
        Um ... squall_01 ::),  he said Picassa, which is FREE, will do exactly what he wanted to do.   

quaxo

Guru
          • Yes
        « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 07:49:33 AM »
        Thanks for your help! I already had Picasa, and didn't know it did it. I found that the regular "rotate" buttons do the traditional 90, 180, 270 degree rotations, but there is a button called "straighten" on the left side of the screen that does exactly what I wanted it to do.

Yep, that's the one.  ;D

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:21:22 AM »
          Just if he wanted some more options.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres