Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pleay station 2 , what series is good  (Read 4126 times)

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

pleay station 2 , what series is good
    « on: July 02, 2008, 07:56:34 AM »
    hi
    in my location , some shopper say me the series :77004 is best series of play station.
    some say the handle ( and its plastic ) of PS2 show the quality of it.
    i want to buy a PS2 for gift and don't want  to get china made.

i already have xbox and this topic (for PS2) isn't propounded.

what series is really good. and work great?

Annon

Re: pleay station 2 , what series is good
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:43:48 PM »
    They are the same if i am not in error.

Only difference is one is slim line and the other is not.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:29:30 PM »

Completely inaccurate.

Not all PS2s are created equal. Different models have variations in all of the following:
    1) DVD lens
    2) Full Optical Block
    3) BIOS
    4) DVD Control IC

Different models are also for different regions, and will not play games from other regions unless they are modified. For example a SCPH-70001 was for the USA, it used NTSC video. SCPH-70002, SCPH-70003, SCPH-70004 were PAL models where PAL is the video standard (Europe, Australia, etc.). Games from the US NTSC version will not display properly on the PAL versions and vice versa. The only way around this is to modify the PS2, like I have done with mine so it will play games from anywhere and DVDs from any region. However, this is not legal in some areas so I won't explain how to do it.

So depending on where you live, you should buy a PS2 based on what kind of games you'll be buying (NTSC or PAL) and what DVD region you live in (if you're going to be watching DVDs on it, otherwise it doesn't matter). Most of the PS2s are made in China now, so if you want a new PS2 and not a used one, you're not going to have much choice on where it was made. There's nothing wrong with the Chinese models anyway, that's a terrible rumor started by someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

Annon

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »

Completely inaccurate....

Sincere Apologies
    Annon....