Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: weird internet problem  (Read 3656 times)

vwckriss

Topic Starter

weird internet problem
    « on: July 01, 2008, 11:48:55 AM »
    I can not view my business web page- when i go to the page- i get sent to the dell page stating that the page could not be found.  The site is http://coreyconcepts.com
    5 other people i asked can view it fine from their computers except the other computers in my house.  I called my service provider and they can access my page too.  They said it might be my router.  But I can go to ANY other site EXCEPT my home page and another site that I use to access my web- email. that site is http://64.8.116.85/horde
    Also, I can not get any emails through my outlook that are from my business email.  I was able to get emails when I used my service provider email address, but not my company incoming mail.
    It seems like it is only stuff relating to my business web site and emails, but everyone else can view and use them just fine.
    PLEASE HELP

jerryheavyarms

Apprentice

• http://www.youtube.com/theoldpath
      • Bible insights by THE MOST SENSIBLE PREACHER OF OUR TIME.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: weird internet problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 02:44:13 PM »
    We need more info..

What OS are you using? What browser?
    "Most complex problems do have a solution. It is only that we don't attempt to think. So let's apply: Dont just do something, sit there."
    --Kuya Daniel Razon

Everything in this world will remind us of God, even every drop of a leaf from its stem will remind us of His glory. -Bro.Eli Soriano

Annon

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »
    With regards to your Outlook problem i think my office had a smiler problem, give me a day to get back to you.

List your operating system and internet browser.

Edit - Just to let you know the web site you provided i could not access.

samcarney

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 12:20:02 AM »
      from my experience it seems like it's not OS or Browser problem.

open up MS Command prompt and try to tracert to 64.8.116.85

• press Windows key + R
      • type cmd
      • dos like window will open
      • type tracert 64.8.116.85

it will go max of 30 hops, but it if stops, it let's you know what the last IP was it could get to
      I have a hunch it is your DNS settings, but do tracert first and see what you get.

vwckriss

Topic Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 06:41:09 AM »
        i am using windows xp and internet explorer
        sam- i tried what you told me to and it stopped after #14 - stating "request timed out" from 15 on down

the last lines before that was:
        12           66-118-16-10.texlink.com
        13           Request timed out
        14           64-8-100-6. yourhostingprovider.net
        15           Request timed out

I am using 2 different laptops in the house and having the same problems on both of them.  Someone suggested a router problem so I connected my laptops directly into my modem to bypass the router and I could not get online at all- to any web site.  But when I use my router I can get to all websites except the two I mentioned before... and I still can not get any email using my company pop and smtp
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks so much- Chrisy

samcarney

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 06:19:21 PM »
          when you connect your laptop directly to your (cable?)modem. you should unplug the power on your cable modem for about 5 minutes and then plug it back in.

who is your ISP?
          whay type of router is it?
          who initially configured the router?

contact ISP and ask for help for configuration if needed.
          if you are comfortable, maybe you should set the router to factory defaults.