Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: leopard  (Read 7501 times)

smf

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Expert
    leopard
    « on: July 02, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »
    using a emac g4 1gb ram 40gb hd 1.25 ghz processor has 10.5.4 leopard but is on the slow side how can i speed things up a little. Make my os x faster (ram is already maxed out)

Annon

Re: leopard
    « Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
    Annon, that was very unhelpful. Did you not notice that this is the Apple section of the forum? That means a Microsoft webpage won't help at all!  >:( ::)

smf, I don't know too much about macs, but I suspect that if the ram is already maxed out, there isn't too much more you can do. We do have a member that checks back in with this site about once every week or two that has considerably more knowledge than I do. Maybe he'll have some suggestions.
    You could try deleting some old files, clearing the internet cache, or defragging your hard drive. That tends to help with windows.

Annon

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:46:51 PM »
    Annon, that was very unhelpful. Did you not notice that this is the Apple section of the forum? That means a Microsoft webpage won't help at all!  >:( ::)

Apologies i am still working out the forum i was just clicking threw the Unread posts :).

Mastamind

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 10:15:06 AM »
      using a emac g4 1gb ram 40gb hd 1.25 ghz processor has 10.5.4 leopard but is on the slow side how can i speed things up a little. Make my os x faster (ram is already maxed out)

If RAM is already maxed out, i'm afraid your computer will not be any faster.  One thing you could do is clean up your preferences files under your user acct.  You could cleaning out cache internet files under your user acct.  Buying a faster harddrive may help, but that would only be in the area of copying and moving files and folders.