Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer will not turn on  (Read 2437 times)

kat3teresi

Computer will not turn on
« on: July 29, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »
My computer will not turn on at all. I tested the power supply unit with a power supply checker and it was fine. People have told me it is most likely a motherboard failure. Is that the only thing it could be? What would I do or how would I know if the button to turn the computer on off is shot? Is it worth it to take it to Best Buy and have a diagnostic which costs about 70 dollars. HELP! Is there any other tests I can do? Is there a way to check if your motherboard has failed?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Computer will not turn on
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:14:04 PM »
    kat3teresi,Welcome to the CH forums. In order to recieve the help you seek i direct you to the very top posting in the forum.Please read and then continue the thread and help will follow.truenorth

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:02:17 PM »
    kat3teresi,Welcome to the CH forums. In order to recieve the help you seek i direct you to the very top posting in the forum.Please read and then continue the thread and help will follow.truenorth
    ??

Kat3teresi, We need more information, Please look here.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:36:48 AM »
      Carbon, I thought that is what i had said???????????????"Please read this first" truenorth

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 06:44:17 AM »
      I believe you are refering to this:

It changes.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:36:10 AM »
        Carbon,Not intent on belaboring this BUT i was trying to draw the attention of the member to the FIRST POST not the "news"If i am not mistaken the FIRST POST does NOT change.At least in the period i have been a member it has not changed.More importantly we seem to have lost this poster. Don't you agree that in many cases it is a failure to provide information or enough information that inhibits a helpful responce?truenorth

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 08:03:53 AM »
        Ah yes, the first post. However, it would be more efficient if you just provided the link to start with because even I didn't understand what you were saying.