Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows 2000 log on problem  (Read 5388 times)

mdoggy39

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    windows 2000 log on problem
    « on: July 30, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »
    Hi, have an old P2, running windows 2000 pro, being donated to a school, i managed to reset the password , but still goes to log on screen every time, have to type in administrator each time, Is there a way to bypass the log on screen? Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: windows 2000 log on problem
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
    It's difficult for us to assist with password issues here because we never know the true intent at the other end.
    If you are donating the machine i would suggest just wiping the hard drive of any and all info...
    Most schools recieve copies of Windows free of charge so they would be able to install whatever they want on it.

Thanx for being charitable and sorry we cannot assist.

patio.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mdoggy39

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »
      i understand, but i can get in the computer, no password anymore, but log on screen still comes up, just want to stop it.  I didnt want to format, because it has some good programs still on it.
      thanks.

Doug Vitale

Beginner

• Was that so hard?
        • Doug Vitale Tech Blog
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:36:16 PM »
      i understand, but i can get in the computer, no password anymore, but log on screen still comes up, just want to stop it.  I didnt want to format, because it has some good programs still on it.
      thanks.

If you want to disable the login screen and have Windows 2000 Pro boot directly into the Administrator account without a username/password prompt, try double-clicking the Users icon in the Control Panel and choose the Users tab. Uncheck the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option, and click Ok.