Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER  (Read 2186 times)

LINMIGAR

Topic Starter

WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER
    « on: August 15, 2008, 06:26:43 PM »
    Hi can any1 help me. I have  Windows XP and a friend gave me a CD that she had copied some photos onto to see if I could make her a slideshow or movie of them to show on dvd. I have used windows movie maker and get it all prepared, then when I try to save the movie, it wont let me and keeps saying it can't find the photos. anyone any ideas what i could do, or any  other programme that would let me make a movie. thanks

ChrisXPPro

Adviser

• Forever Learning
      • ACB Systems
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 06:45:43 PM »
    Not sure what your problem is but anyways - depending on how quickly you want to press on with this - it might be worth getting a good value deal like MoviePlus by Serif ... they have a new version just out - serif.com should tell you something about it.  This will easily do what you want.

Not sure either, without searching - whether some open source application might be available from Sourceforge.net - might be worth a look.   

There are plenty of other app's out there of course but some can be quite expensive.  Even try Googling ''video software'' too.
    Ain't technology great - until it goes wrong!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:09:28 PM »
    keeps saying it can't find the photos.
    If you have moved the photos or deleted them before you saved the movie, Windows Movie Maker won't be able to find them.

This will be the same with any other software. If you set everything up in the program but move the pictures away, the program can't find them. (computers aren't that smart)

LINMIGAR

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »
      Hi thanks for your replies, think the prob might be the programme isn't able to find the photos, will go back and try again  :)

merlin

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »
        Drag and drop.or use send to