Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Linksys/Internet help  (Read 3827 times)

zuratai

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Linksys/Internet help
    « on: August 19, 2008, 03:59:58 PM »
    Hi i have a linksys wrt54g and i have one wireless computer and one that is hooked in from the linksys. When i hook my internet cable into the Internet spot on the linksys my Wireless internet dosent work but the computer that is connected directly from the linksys thru a cable gets internet fine. But when i connect the cord that runs from the modem into the first slot taht is not the internet slot on the Linksys and connect the cable from the computer to the linksys to the second it works fine but my internet is very slow on my wireless computer compared to my computer connected directly? Example is i am downloading something on my wireless it goes at 40kb when i have the other computer connected with the cable downstairs and its downloading at 400kb at the exact same time. When i unconnect the Computer downstairs taht is hooked into the linksys without it being wireless it goes all the way up to 400kb? Is it suppose to do this and can i somehow make it so that they both have a decent connection speed?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Linksys/Internet help
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 09:00:07 PM »
    Is it suppose to do this and can i somehow make it so that they both have a decent connection speed?
    Nope, you cannot change it.

The only thing you can change here is how far you are away from the Wireless Router and what is standing between you and it.

zuratai

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
      How come when i  unhook the computer that is directly connected to the linksys without being wireless my internet speed on my wireless computer increases so much like 400kb but when i have it hooked into the router my wireless computer only gets 40kb even when my other computer is off

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »
      Hmmm....That is strange....Is this a recent problem?

zuratai

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »
        No its not recent it always happened on any router i bought.. Is there any way i can give it so it gives my wireless a better speed even with the other computer hooked up

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 09:15:09 PM »
        Is the other computer affected?
        Is it possible you can try another router?