Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Finally have Service Pack 3 Now no sound  (Read 11378 times)

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

Finally have Service Pack 3 Now no sound
    « on: August 21, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »
    Well, here we go again!! Who do I contact about this problem? Have internal sound from the tower.

Why am I not surprised that this happened!!

stevejohnson1958

Re: Finally have Service Pack 3 Now no sound
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »
    We need a little more information please...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33586.html

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:29:56 PM »
      win XP now Service Pack3
      1.2 gigahertz AMD ATHLION
      40 Gig HD
      384 MB Ram

Sorry for not giving this information the first time

thefonz

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:39:42 PM »
      You may need to reinstall the audio driver, but you still haven't provided us with the information we need.

We need to know a little more about your setup.

Download and run the trial version of Everest and post your results, please.

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 07:46:37 PM »
        Sorry, we seem to be getting off on the wrong foot.  What is everest?  Will this give you want you want?

Or, what exactly do you want that I am missing?

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »
        Your audio device...

...if its onboard (integrated into the motherboard) we'll need to know the manufacturer and model number of the motherboard.

...if it's a sound card, we''l need to know the same information, so we can provide you with the correct driver.

You won't need to download and run Everest...if you have the information we need.  However, if you don't, Everest will provide both you and us with that information.

Is this a custom build...or is it a dell, Gateway, etc., etc.  If the latter...then is it an Inspiron, etc., etc.  What's the model number?

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »
          Tried to download the program you wanted but a file didn't make  so I had to abort it so NOW WHAT DO WE DO?

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »
            Ok, hold on I think I have that information.

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 08:21:10 PM »
              I downloaded that program but I don't know how to get it to you.

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 08:42:39 PM »
                *censored*!!!!!!!!!  How the !!!!!! do I send it to you it is only 1.99 mb but when I send by attach it never makes it.

Dude this is difficult.  If it were HJT I would know what to do.

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »
                  Can Not get this to you by my knowledge.  I have all that you need saved just let me know how you want it to you.

Computer:
                        Computer Type                                     Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC
                        Operating System                                  Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
                        OS Service Pack                                   [ TRIAL VERSION ]
                        Internet Explorer                                 7.0.5730.11 (IE 7.0)
                        DirectX                                           4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
                        Computer Name                                     HOME-B75D0373F4
                        User Name                                         Harry Fitzner
                        SMTP E-mail Address                               [email protected]
                        Logon Domain                                      [ TRIAL VERSION ]
                        Date / Time                                       2008-08-21 / 21:24

Motherboard:
                        CPU Type                                          AMD Athlon, 1200 MHz (12 x 100)
                        Motherboard Name                                  Asus A7V-VM  (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 SDR DIMM, Audio, Video)
                        Motherboard Chipset                               VIA VT8365A ProSavage KM133A
                        System Memory                                     [ TRIAL VERSION ]
                        DIMM1: Micron Tech. 8LSDT1664AG-13EE1             128 MB PC133 SDRAM  (3.0-3-3-6 @ 142 MHz)  (2.0-2-2-5 @ 133 MHz)
                        DIMM2: PNY Tech.                                  [ TRIAL VERSION ]
                        BIOS Type                                         Phoenix (08/07/01)
                        Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM1)

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 09:37:14 PM »
                    Multimedia:
                          Audio Adapter                                     Creative Audigy SE (SB0570) Sound Card

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
                          Size                                              64 KB
                          Boot Devices                                      Floppy Disk, Hard Disk
                          Capabilities                                      Unknown
                          Supported Standards                               DMI
                          Expansion Capabilities                            Unknown

[ System ]

System Properties:
                          Manufacturer                                      00101840 7950
                          Product                                           15515800061291
                          Version                                           3
                          Serial Number                                     [ TRIAL VERSION ]

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
                          Manufacturer                                      Asus
                          Product                                           A7V-VM
                          Version                                           1.02
                          Serial Number                                     [ TRIAL VERSION ]

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »
                      FORGOT:

MY COMPUTER IS:
                      hp pavillion 7950
                      1.2 speed

stevejohnson1958

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 04:23:46 AM »
                      You can visit Creative's website to download and install the driver for your Creative Audigy SE sound card.

Here's the link to the driver from their website:  Audigy SE driver

You can also use the Auto Update feature on their site which, once installed, will scan your computer for the correct driver.

Here's the link:  Software Auto Update

Please keep us posted...

thefonz

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:29 AM »
                        Could you PLEASE!!! be my Saviour!! I checked for "Audio SE driver" and was dismayed for all the choices.  All I want is sound back.  I just do not know what to select.

I thought it would just show "This is what you need"  I did try one but computer said it was for vista and thankful that the computer flagged it to let me know.

The second one   did download and the only way I know if it works is to reboot and try "Windows Movie Maker" which WILL NOT FUNCTION without sound and it would not function.

So now I see that you can download a driver but it does not mean it will work.

HEY COULD YOU DECIDE FOR ME