Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Command line with Flash?  (Read 2839 times)

pcwizard

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Command line with Flash?
    « on: September 11, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »
    I am venturing into the unknown - hoping to broaden my horizons (and through necessity!)

I currently have a utility that runs a number of internet security applications (which is currently done through command line switches) with a flash front end. Norton, Adaware, CCleaner & MSConfig (licenses were acquired where necessary - It's a home service my company sells)
    So basically the flash file is run, and the flash shell has buttons that run the various applications in the background. It uses  batch files to call up the applications.

Now I didn't create any of this - the guy that did is leaving the company, and I'm charged with continuing his work (yeh, lucky me!!).

Is it possible to:

a) automate the whole process - so you click one button and it runs all of the applications in turn
    and/or
    b) combine the whole thing into flash so it's one single package - currently it uses the flash FSCommand so all of the applications and batch files can be read by end users.

Now, I'm not looking for someone to write me up a script, guide or any such thing - all I need is advice on what I should use to complete this process.
    Do I need to learn C++, Java or what?!!  ???

I have a basic working knowledge with Flash and some minor ActionScript knowledge - but that's it in terms of scripting and programming.

A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

dslgeek

Beginner
      Re: Command line with Flash?
      « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 09:39:55 AM »
      Looks like nobody wants o say anything.  ::)
      Ok, here is a quote:
      Adobe Flash (previously called Shockwave Flash and Macromedia Flash) is a set of multimedia software created by Macromedia and currently developed and distributed by Adobe Systems.
      It contains a scripting language called ActionScript. ..

So it would seem that you need to study ActionScript. Here is just one of many inks about this on the Web.
      http://www.adobe.com/devnet/actionscript/
      Hope this is of a some help. ;D