Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics Card question  (Read 1703 times)

db0873

Topic Starter

Starter

Graphics Card question
    « on: October 15, 2008, 08:43:13 AM »
    Howdy right now I have a Duo Core Pent 3.0 CPU, XFX 790i ultra mother board with 8GB of cosair ddr3 memory, and a Nvidia Ge Force 9800 GX2 graphics card.  Running Windows Vista 64 bit.  I was wondering I just purchased a BFG NVIDIA Ge Force GTX 280 OCX 1GB PCIe 2.0 card and am wondering if their a better card then what I have now?  I know that it's suppose to be an up from the 9800's but as I read it's specs it looks like the 9800 beats it except for core freq.  665MHz for the 280 and 600MHz for the 9800.  I'm confused if I'm making a good choice or not.  I'm always upgrading to stay on top but still I'm wondering.  What do you all think...

UnitySpirit

Greenhorn

Re: Graphics Card question
      « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 01:52:44 PM »
      I would buy a card to do the job you want it to do right now. After buying one in a while its out of date anyways. I gave up on getting lasted thing You can pay big bucks for a card and not even need all that power. what do you want it to do anyways? if it works use it and be  happy. i say. ;]

db0873

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Graphics Card question
        « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 02:42:11 PM »
        I use it mostly for gaming to be honest.