Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Recovering deleted files  (Read 2222 times)

Melissa D

Recovering deleted files
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:28:15 PM »
Hi. This is a little lengthy, but please try to follow as I really need help with this:
I was on one of the networked computers at work and went to move a single file at the bottom of a folder. It started saying something about hundreds of files, so I hit cancel and then "undo".  The one file that I had been trying to move did not come back and seems to be deleted. This is not what bothers me as much, the main problem is that another folder that was in the first folder has lost most of it's contents. It was nowhere near the file I was moving, but it had many documents in it that are now nowhere to be found. I searched the computer and recycle bin of the computer I was on to no avail - I searched for terms within the document in case the file name had somehow changed, but couldn't find them. Then I went to the computer that we're networked to, and they are nowhere on it either.
Is there somewhere else that they would have gone to?
Basically, if a file seems to have been deleted on a networked computer, where does it go?  ???

hagstrompro

Greenhorn

Re: Recovering deleted files
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:04:45 PM »
    The files may be on the network. If you have access to the network on your work computer then you could check there. You may have to acquire the help of the network administrator.