Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Activate a program with correct code lines  (Read 2608 times)

Soli004

Topic Starter

Rookie

Activate a program with correct code lines
    « on: October 27, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »
    OK this might be a long shot, but perhaps someone can guide me in the correct way. I admit I am not that great in programming but I do understand a little like renaming, xcopy delete etc  :-[ . This one has put me in difficulties and it has no samples for me to try with. You can download this utility tool from here (no virus included, I promise) and it is not an install version.
    http://mitab.maptools.org/dl/mitab-1.7.0-win32.zip

I need to find the correct line of code to activate this program via batch file to go to "D:\Data\test" and convert "tab" files to "mif" files and also the reverse "mif" files to "tab" files. The amount of tab files varying during times so it has to take the all files in the folder. I may tell that the tab file also has other files attached to it, so it is not just a "rename thing" for it to work.

I have a hard time to understand the documents included with the program...

Anyone who like to take the time would be appreciated and be able to put me into the right track.

Regards

Soli004

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Activate a program with correct code lines
      « Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
      It seems like the program has to live in the same folder as the files, I got it to run that way. But it needs to run with a loop as it only execute one file at the time... :o