Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Getting stuck at the loading screen  (Read 4225 times)

yr9zptxy

Getting stuck at the loading screen
« on: November 08, 2008, 02:36:45 PM »
I have an Asus laptop, model G1S. Its has wondows vista and ive had it for about 10 months. I was running a computer game and tried to open an internet page in the backround (something ive done many other times) but for some reason it completely froze up and i had to shut it down. Since then i cant get past my loading screen...in other words, i turn it on and i get the little Asus opening visual. then im taken to  menu that has this message " Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." then below that it says " If windows files have been damages or sonfigured incorrectly, Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, choose 'start windows normally' ". Below this i have two option. the first being " Launch Startup Repair (recommended)", when i try this...it does nothing. the screen goes blank for a second or two. then it just brings up the same menu. So im forced to pick the second option, being "start windows normally". After i select this option I am taken a loading page that always comes up when the computer is starting. It usually loads for about 10 seconds thentakes me to the login screen. But instead of doing that it just stays at the loading page.  For hours. After two or three hours i eventually getting the blue "error has occured" screen and it shuts down and i start all over.

I dont think i have any of the disks that came with it. And when i try to restore the computer (by holding F9, which usually brings me to the restoration page after the loading screen) its ignores the command completely..and just keeps "loading".
Im posting here because even though geeksquad and the asus Help people have suggested bringing it in for a repair...i wasnt able to articulate my problem very well and i dont think they fully understood my problem. If there is any sequence of keys or command i can use to try and restore or just at least get it past the loading screen, i would apprececiate if someone could let me know.
Ive never had this problem before and never heard of it happening to anyone, nor could i find a similair problem online.
Any suggestions?
If my description confused anyone or didnt make sense...or if you need a better visual let me know.
sorrry for any Sp errors dont really wanna go back and check  :)

lostcoast

Hopeful
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Getting stuck at the loading screen
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 06:48:33 PM »

I will guess you need to recover windows with the CD for windows or whatever was supplied when you bought it. If its under warranty then try that 1st if you have no other way to boot.
I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Getting stuck at the loading screen
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »
If it's a laptop and it's 10 months old it is still under warranty...
I'd suggest this route but tell them you would like to save your data if possible.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "