Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IIS Time to be logged in milliseconds.  (Read 3168 times)

Baffled

Topic Starter

Beginner

IIS Time to be logged in milliseconds.
    « on: December 03, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »
    Hi,
    A collegue of mine has written a complex web site for the companies use. It uses loads of aspx pages which return in modal dialog boxes. it works fine exept that when two people hit their mouse buttons at the same second for two different modal dialog boxes both users get the same page back.

We have isolated the line in the code but whilst my colleuge gets his head around what microsoft have done (always blame them), it's my job to get around the problem by tweaking the server, so that the users can stop getting confused.

IIS logging has shown us that the time of the IIS event is measured in HH:MM:SS and when two DialogContainer.aspx calls are made at the same second the problem occurs (sorry for the repetition).

My question is this (at last! they cry) Can IIS be made to deal in milliseconds rather than just seconds. You see, for two people to hit their mouse buttons at the same second is quite likely. However, at the same millisecond it is a lot less likely.
    « Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:56:13 AM by Baffled »

Baffled

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: IIS Time to be logged in milliseconds.
      « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:50:58 AM »
      Hi, it's me again.

My colleuge has found that the system processes all of the DialogContainer calls which were requested in the same second as though they are the first of them which was entered.

To put that in english, say that 5 requests are made in the same second. It appears that the first request is processed 5 times and each time, the resulting page is sent back to the next user in the queue.

How does ASPX work in relationship with IIS? Does IIS run the show and kick off the called ASPX page once for each request in the queue at the start of the second and then wipe the queue clean at the end? Or does something more mysterious happen?

I am Baffled!