Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error message on startup...  (Read 2143 times)

msmello83

Topic Starter

Starter

Error message on startup...
    « on: December 02, 2008, 05:43:53 AM »
    Hi everyone, I'm needing some help. When I turn on my computer I have a message box that pops up with this error message

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\oasbnuqi.dll
    The specified module could not be found.

It started about 3 or 4 days ago. I uninstalled some programs on my computer and ran disk cleanup to free space on my computer the day before it started. Since I started getting the error message my DVD burning programs take 3 times as long to encode movies to be burnt. I dont know if that has anything to do with the error message or not but and kind of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Error message on startup...
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 05:52:55 AM »

Have you tried 'Last Known Good Configuration'?

If that doesn't work maybe 'System Restore'

I dont want to sound patronizing, but when you uninstalled your programs were you sure of what you were uninstalling.

I take it your running XP
    11 cheers for binary !

msmello83

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 06:07:55 AM »
      I dont know how to do last known good configuration and system restore didnt work. I tried to restore to the day before but when the computer came back on it said system restore could not restore to that day because there havent been any changes made to the system. Yes I know what I was uninstalling, I just got the Nero 9 package and I took off all the other programs that I had for audio and DVD burning since I didnt need them anymore and I took off a few games I had on here. Yes I have XP Media Edition, it came installed on my computer when I bought it so I dont have a disk.

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 06:22:52 AM »

Re-boot your system and as its starting up press F8 repeatedly until the Safe Mode screen comes up.

Then use your arrow keys to select 'Last Known Good.....etc' and press enter
      11 cheers for binary !

msmello83

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 06:37:11 AM »
        I did it and the error message still came up.