Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Internet, again.  (Read 2566 times)

dvnhrlshml

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Wireless Internet, again.
    « on: December 19, 2008, 06:19:37 PM »
    OK my wireless is working fine, so i restart my computer and when i log in, my wireless internet wont work. Here is what Ive tryed, and some information about my wireless card.

First i restarted again, nothing happend, i checked all the cables, checked that the card was firmly seated, then i used its software to reinstall the drivers, and nothing happend. when i open the program that is included in the software it tells me that I'm connected to the access point, but cannot connect to the internet.

After reading some of the forums i tryed to run Cmd, ipconfig /renew....nothing happend.

When i try the repair function, it will go through but will never finish renewing my ip address.

I'm using a linksys wireless g pci adapter, its model is wmp54g, I'm using the version 4.0 drivers.

The router, and acess point and modem are all on and working, (I'm using the desktop connected to the router and modem) and its reading that im connected to the acess point on my computer.

Any other ideas?

dvnhrlshml

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Wireless Internet, again.
      « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 07:51:40 PM »
      New info to a dead looking post.

ive gone to 192.168.1.1 and nothing was out of order, then i tyed sever programs, winsockexfix and a windows xp service pack 2 patch i found on the micrsoft web site, (i am running xp service pack 2) still, no improvment

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Wireless Internet, again.
      « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 08:38:09 PM »
      We see you are using XP. Is this a laptop? How long did you have a working connection? Days? Weeks? What did you change, add or remove? Did you use Windows Wireless Wizard or the Utility from the maker of the Card? Or is it a card? A USB wireless thing? A PCI card? Which make? An external thing? How is the signal strength? How far away is it? Are you using WEP?  :P
      Some Wireless PC cards in laptops are near imposable in Windows XP, That is why the question about a laptop.  :D