Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: TERRATEC SOUND CARD HELP  (Read 3298 times)

cosmicmlodeez

TERRATEC SOUND CARD HELP
« on: April 12, 2005, 10:20:09 AM »
HI ,

iam wondering if anyone can help me ,i seem to have a problem when playing back sound using my terratec dmx6 fire 24/96 all the sound seems to skip, ive updated the drivers {did not fix problem} i uninsatlled the sound card then reinstalled it using the drivers that came with the set up disc {this gave me a new problem which was no playback at all} and when trying to access the sound card control panel it came up with an error saying problem with drivers, so i done a system restore and iam stuck with my orginal problem, ive looked through this site and tried various things but to no avail ,if anyone could help me out that would be great ,sorry for the vauge info but iam mearly a learner when it comes to pc's ;)

Kablam

Re: TERRATEC SOUND CARD HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:16:04 PM »
You say the sound is skipping? like on a c.d when you scratch it? is this with all your music or just some spacific tracks?

cosmicmlodeez

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 04:13:46 PM »
it play's the track's at normal speed then it play's it slower kind of time streched ,this happens on all tracks saved mp3 and cd's played direct from the drive,

any ideas??

thanks

Kablam

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »
slowed down? sounds like ur beeing swamped with processes perhaps? before i formatted when i booted up something heavy ontop of everything else it slowed my sound down for breif periods.

I don't think it is your sound card. Is it onboard sound, PCI or USB and can you test it with another one

cosmicmlodeez

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 06:21:41 PM »
sounds like ur beeing swamped with processes perhaps?

i looked on my task manager and there's alot of things on there that i don't reconise but i did notice on the system idle process {cpu section } it comes up with a reading of between 92-97 , i also noticed when looking at the onboard sound i am unable to change any of the settings ???

rs8389

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 06:41:57 PM »
Ok, if the system idle process is reading 92~97, you shouldn't be having a problem with being swamped with processes.

When you said "played direct from the drive", do you mean your CD Drive, HDD,or everything you play?  If it's only on the CD drive, perhaps it's not the sound card but dirty lenses...?  If it's the HDD....  I've really no idea.  If it's both, I'm inclined to believe that it's either the sound card or the speakers...  Sorry, I'm not too good in this area, but I hope I helped!