Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "From CD" Extract/Run Batch not working?  (Read 4746 times)

whitespider

"From CD" Extract/Run Batch not working?
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:32:29 AM »
Hello. This is my first post! I have been playing with batch for a while now as I find it to be very empowering and intriguing.

Anyway,

I have a second computer infected with viruses, and I have two batch-based tools I want to use to clean it up, but I want to write them on a CD so I can use them later if I get infected again!

So here's where my interest lies. I tried to create a batch file to extract these two tools to the desktop of my system and then run them, but they both seem to fail. I can't seem to understand why. I have been testing with nero burning rom (burning nrg image files) and then loading them on daemon tools to test. The code works fine if used locally, but if you run the batch file from the CD, it extracts the files fine but then I get access denied errors on the two tools. The tools in question are "RogueFix.bat" and "SmitFraudFix.exe". A quick google search will find either. SmitFraudFix extracts a folder and then runs a cmd file. I have tried just copying over the folder only to run the cmd but still have the same issues.

This is a copy of my batch file for each:

;Roguefix
xcopy "%cd%\RogueFix" "%userprofile%\desktop\RogueFix" /e /y /h /q /i
cd "%userprofile%\desktop\RogueFix\"
start "RogueFix" "%userprofile%\desktop\RogueFix\roguefix_2.234.bat"

When it runs the program it gets access denied several times after hitting any key to continue.

;SmitFraudFix
xcopy "%cd%\SmitfraudFix.exe" "%userprofile%\desktop"
cd "%userprofile%\desktop"
SmitfraudFix.exe

It gives a funny error in another language and closes; likely the same issue just seen a different way.

Am I doing something wrong?

I like making little discs like this for myself so I never have to worry again.

Any help?

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: "From CD" Extract/Run Batch not working?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 03:10:04 PM »
put a pause after each line, then give a list of all error messages.
Where's MagicSpeed?
Quote from: 'matt'
He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.