Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer will not open!  (Read 4776 times)

Greg

Internet Explorer will not open!
« on: March 19, 2004, 08:02:40 AM »
When I try to open Internet Explorer, it prompts me that it encountered a problem and has to shut down and asks if I want to send an error report to Microsoft. I have had this happen before while working in it and it has always opened back up with no problem. Now it will not open at all. I am running Windows 2000. Any solution to this I may be able to do myself?

MetalMilitia

Re: Internet Explorer will not open!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 08:49:49 AM »
Just reinstall IE 6. that should fix it. If you dont have the installer for IE, open windows explorer (windows button & E) and then in the address bar type the URL of the site you want. if IE still crashed you could either do a windows reinstall or get 'mozilla' a brouser based on netscape. shich usually works just as well and is free.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 06:32:34 PM »
If you could provide us with additional details about the error message such as the error code number, filename, etc, we may also be able to help you with the error. Otherwise it may be best to reinstall Internet Explorer.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

S Price

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 07:06:44 PM »
Please provide steps on how to reinstall Internet Explorer 6, I get the error message, "invalid syntax error" when i try to go online. Would reinstalling IE 6 help? I'm  currently using my laptop but cannot get online w/my desktop. Thanks  :)