Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Talk Show Host - Radio Head Instrumental  (Read 11401 times)

Redcaa

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• [Insert Personal Text]
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Talk Show Host - Radio Head Instrumental
    « Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 01:17:28 PM »
    You really do think the world exists to supply your requirements, don't you?

Wow, that was a pretty stupid thing to say.

If people didn't require things why would things be made. Apart for the urge to just make money that is.
    And if you haven't got anything useful to post like this rubbish please don't bother posting at all.

haha

ha

haha

I think actually there might be some confusion. At least I hope there is.

an "instrumental" is, (sort of obviously) merely the performance of a piece without any vocals... or occasionally with an instrument accompaniment instead of vocals (If I understand correctly, anyway). This could be either done because the artist(s) haven't finished the lyrics,haven't quite finished the song; usually as a "teaser" track. (for example, the Seven Seas of Rhye Instrumental that can be found on Queen's first Album), or simply be recorded after the fact (often as a filler to fill up an album, much like "acoustic" recordings). There are also karaoke tracks that are simply the result of running the appropriate filters on the actual track to remove the vocals.

The latter is NOT an instrumental version. It is a "karaoke" version. Also, the filtering generally diminishes the song quality.

I say this because the only way you can get an proper instrumental is of the original artists decide to re-record the piece without any vocals. The next best thing is for somebody to cover that piece and not provide any vocals. Either way, it will require a lot of effort. This is why I suspect you may actually be looking for something more like a karaoke version, because I am unwilling to jump to the conclusion that you truly think that creating a proper instrumental track to a given piece can be done by just anybody. The latter however can b e done by just about anybody. My three year old MP3 player has some silly karaoke setting that attempts to filter out vocals.

Ahh right. That makes things much clearer. In that case im asking for a Karaoke. However couldn't you call a cover also an instrumental?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »
    Ahh right. That makes things much clearer. In that case im asking for a Karaoke.

Ah HA! maybe things will now move in the right direction... if you have the standard track that you want to karaoke-ize, I'm sure there are a lot of utilities you can use to do so.

However couldn't you call a cover also an instrumental?

Maybe, if that cover doesn't have any vocals.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 01:26:12 PM »
    Wow, that was a pretty stupid thing to say.

I don't think so. I thought it was a wise thing to post. Anyhow, not as stupid as some of the things you post.

And if you haven't got anything useful to post like this rubbish please don't bother posting at all.

Now that is funny. Tee hee  :)

Redcaa

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• [Insert Personal Text]
      « Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 09:36:45 AM »
      I don't think so. I thought it was a wise thing to post. Anyhow, not as stupid as some of the things you post.

Now that is funny. Tee hee  :)

Please, you are really one annoying pest. Can't you just shut up and go away? Frankly no one cares about your opinion. So simply just stop posting.
      Ah HA! maybe things will now move in the right direction... if you have the standard track that you want to karaoke-ize, I'm sure there are a lot of utilities you can use to do so.

Maybe, if that cover doesn't have any vocals.

I've tried a few. Audacity didn't turn out too good neither did some of the plugins in it. Centre pan remover? How do I figure out the centre D:

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 10:01:29 AM »
      Please, you are really one annoying pest.

Is that compared to someone asking us to look for things that do not exist? In the hope that, in the process of asking, someone will just 'make it exist' ?  ::)
      11 cheers for binary !

Salmon Trout

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »
      Please, you are really one annoying pest. Can't you just shut up and go away? Frankly no one cares about your opinion. So simply just stop posting.

I am glad I managed to rattle the bars of your cage...  :)

Salmon Trout

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2011, 10:10:54 AM »
      Is that compared to someone asking us to look for things that do not exist? In the hope that, in the process of asking, someone will just 'makes it exist' ?  ::)

And break copyright law, which is against forum policy?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 10:23:50 AM »
      He knows what he's talking about. And truly, what he said was perfectly relevant and correct; even complimentary to you, since he assumed you knew what an instrumental really was (since you were talking about it); I however did not assume anything about what you knew or did not know and it appeared that there was some confusion of terms, which I brought forward.

As I noted afterwards, and instrumental is <NOT> a filtered track. It's a completely separate recording created by the same artists (usually the same artists; at any rate it's a completely separate studio recording). So, when you respond "Hopefully that might encourage someone to make it exist." when somebody notes that what you are looking for doesn't exist- in the context of what an instrumental is it is presumptuous; the fact that you are looking for an instrumental (or so you said, you really are just looking for a filtered audio track of the non-instrumental version) and think somebody should make it exist if it doesn't exist implies that you believe the original artists- or really anybody with studio equipment and the willingness to perform the piece- should make it simply because you want one, it is perfectly valid to reply with something like "You really do think the world exists to supply your requirements, don't you?".

The only reason I didn't say something to that effect was that I guessed you had no idea what an instrumental really was and may in fact have meant a filtered, "karaokeized" version of the actual track, which takes far less effort (effort that still needs to be done, no less). It was only by chance that I really considered it. In fact, in many ways - and perhaps to his chagrin- Salmon Trout overestimated you, by assuming you knew what you were talking about (what an instrumental was); I on the other hand doubted wether you really knew what it was you were after. With that in mind, the heckling you received ought to be received at least in small part as a compliment.

I've tried a few. Audacity didn't turn out too good neither did some of the plugins in it. Centre pan remover? How do I figure out the centre D:
      Thing is, filtering out the vocals will always remove other portions of the audio, resulting in it not turning out to good; and it hardly ever removes all of the vocals.

Actually, TBH a better approach might be to search for a MIDI file of the piece; that will, by definition, be purely instrumental.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
      Or just get the 2nd Deep Purple album...and go from there...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "